- IMPORTANT All passengers are required to contact us on (07)40522950 between 9 am and 3pm two days prior to their booking to re-confirm passenger numbers and check the weather conditions are favourable for their charter. We are always happy to hear from you earlier, discuss the weather, suitability and answer any questions. Please do not hesitate to call. If the company advises it is safe to travel, but the passengers request to return to Port (for example seasickness) No Refund can be given.
- Note: Wind and rain are not considered bad weather. During the winter period and our wet season, we experience these conditions quite a lot. It is the severity (level) that determines cancellation. We will discuss any weather concerns when you pre-call us and cancellation will be decided by the Skipper.
- In the event the charter is cancelled by Passions of Paradise (Owner of the boat Allure) hereby referred to as POP, passengers may re-book at their convenience or 100% of any payments they have made will be refunded. If passengers are travelling from a long distance, it is a good idea to check with us prior to departure for a trip update. Please feel free to call us at any time to ask questions. We are always happy to advise.
- Any liability of POP is limited to that of the charter fare paid by the passenger. CBC accepts no responsibility for passenger/s personal effects.
- POP Gift Certificates are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. They are non-refundable and must be redeemed on or before the expiry date.
- Alcohol is BYO (No glass please) and is only permitted in moderation. Please note, All decisions are at the discretion of the Skipper. All our Skippers are highly experienced and have your safety as their utmost priority. Should drunken/disorderly or dangerous behaviour occur and the Skipper cancels the trip and returns to Port, NO REFUNDS will be given
- Passengers will need to bring sunglasses, hat, sunscreen and suitable clothing to provide protection from the sun, wind, sea etc.
- Unless stated otherwise, all prices are inclusive of GST, GBRMPA fees, tackle use, morning tea, tea and coffee, lunch and bottled drinking water. Overnight charters include evening dinner and breakfast from Day Two.
Payment and Cancellations Policy
- Once ready to make a booking, passengers will be required to make a 10% deposit for sole charters, leave a booking contact name, phone number and email.
- Bookings are not CONFIRMED until a deposit is paid.
- The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to charter or earlier if preferred. If the charter is booked within a 30 day period, full payment is due before booking is confirmed
- Cancellations – Charter bookings can be cancelled or changed (where possible) up to 30 days before the charter. please note there are No Refunds.
It is highly recommended from the day your deposit to insure against the loss of this or the whole charter fee in the event of having to cancel your charter booking, cancellation due to weather or force majeur. Your insurance should also cover lost baggage, personal items, personal injury and medical evacuation and/or medical expenses. In the event that the charter has commenced and is unable to be completed due to mechanical failure, the charter fee will be refunded on a pro rata basis.
In Australia, scuba diving is generally covered under the insurance of the dive instructor. However, it is recommended that if you are travelling from outside of Australia or not an Australian resident, you should carry DAN diving insurance.
Diving and Snorkelling medicals
Queensland has the highest levels of Workplace Health and Safety legislation regarding scuba diving and snorkelling in the world.
INTRODUCTORY divers will need to complete an onboard dive medical to ensure they have no illnesses that may preclude them from diving. This includes asthma, breathing/lung/heart disease, epilepsy, diabetes and prescription medicines unless cleared by an Australian dive medical. Please ASK our friendly staff well before the charter and we are happy to advise on this. Dive medicals must be done in Australia and Cairns has several clinics where it is easy to obtain one.
CERTIFIED divers must also fill out a brief medical stating they are fit to dive. A certification card and/or log book is required. Once again, if any illnesses pleased call us so that we can assist and ensure no surprises.
SNORKELLERS must complete the medical form and if any illnesses and/or poor swimming ability, they will be assisted with in-water safety equipment which may include a wetsuit and/or a floating safety device. If the Skipper instructs the use of this equipment it is for your safety and must be worn or snorkelling will not be permitted.
POP reserves the right to alter Terms, Conditions and Pricing without notice.
© 2024 Cairns Boat Charter